Point of Contact
Below are some relevant links for our WeDigBio events
Dr. T’s Ferntastic Collection (R. Dale Thomas Plant Collection at BRIT) (Notes from Nature)
Instructions for transcribing Texas specimens in Symbiota
- Create a new account at http://portal.torcherbaria.org/
- Contact Tiana Rehman (email@example.com) and let her know your username and email address to request Editor permissions.
- After confirmation from Tiana, go to the Crowdsource page at http://portal.torcherbaria.org/portal/collections/specprocessor/crowdsource/central.php
- Find the BRIT collection in the list of collections and click on the number in the right column for "Open Records".
- The list of BRIT specimens will be displayed in the Occurrence Record list. Select the Symbiota ID of the specimen you wish to transcribe. Please select a Symbiota ID greater than 16473912 because they will have the image rotated correctly.
- Collector Name and Number
- Collection Date
- Scientific Name (the most recent on the sheet)
- Country, State, and County (in most cases Country and State are already entered).
- Save your edits and continue to the next image.
Thanks for your help!